Pay for Performance Program
UCare's P4P program provides financial incentives and recognition for provider groups that improve clinical outcomes for UCare members.
2013 program components
1. Interested care systems and clinic groups had an opt-in deadline of March 11, 2013 by end of business day.
2. Clinical measures were selected based on the needs of all UCare membership - Medicare and Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP).
3. Measures are based on administrative claims data.
4. Program measures:
Breast Cancer Screening
Chlamydia Screening for Women
Cholesterol Screening, Cardiovascular
Cholesterol Screening, Diabetes
Composite Well Child Visit
Monitoring Nephropathy, Diabetes
5. Care Systems/Clinic groups must participate in all program measures applicable to their member population.
6. Clinics are eligible for P4P payment under one of two scenarios:
a) Performance meets or exceeds the 80th percentile of the P4P participating UCare provider network.
b) Clinics can receive half of the eligible program payment for measures if performance improves by 20% compared to the previous year.
2013 P4P documents