An important message from UCare to you, all providers, and the patients you serve
As you may know, the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) announced its intent not to contract with UCare for Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP) or MinnesotaCare in any Minnesota county beginning January 2016.
UCare will continue to offer the following products in 2016:
- Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) – Integrates Medical Assistance and Medicare services and payments for people age 65 and older.
- Minnesota Senior Care Plus (MSC+) – For people eligible for Medical Assistance age 65 and older.
- UCare Connect (a.k.a Special Needs BasicCare, or SNBC) – For adults with certified disabilities (physical and/or mental illness, certified by state or federal government) ages 18-64 (may remain in SNBC when they turn 65).
- UCare for Seniors (UFS) – Medicare Advantage products for people eligible for Medicare.
- EssentiaCare – A new Medicare Advantage product offered in partnership with Essentia Health for Medicare-eligible people in 10 northern Minnesota counties.
- UCare Choices and Fairview UCare Choices – Commercial products for individual and family coverage available through MNsure.
*As of Oct. 9, 2015: UCare will continue to be a MinnesotaCare and PMAP health plan option for residents in Olmsted County in 2016.
Thank you for communicating accurate information about UCare's health plan offerings to members and your colleagues now and in the future. We will keep you informed about developments that affect you and our members.