UCare Provider Portal FAQ
What is the New Provider Portal?
The Provider Portal is a way for providers, either contracted or not contracted with UCare, to view:
- Member eligibility and benefits
- Claims status and payment information
- Authorization status and details
What are the primary differences between the old portal and the new portal?
- The new portal is organized around the Tax ID Number (TIN), National Provider Identifier (NPI) and site locations. The older provider portal used Group Practice Numbers (GPN) to organize information. GPN is unique to UCare. The new portal is now using the industry standard of TIN and NPI to organize data and information.
- The new portal will still require a Provider Admin to add users, but in the new system they will also provision them to the TINs, Group NPIs and Site Locations within their organization. Provider Admins will add and provision Financial Users (Coming Soon).
- The new portal uses a more secure access system with multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- The new portal is cleaner looking with more white space.
Can all Providers use the Provider Portal?
Yes, all providers, whether contracted with UCare or not, can use the portal to confirm member eligibility and review status of a claim or authorization. Additional functionalities will be rolled out – some of which will be for contracted Providers only.
How long before the system times out due to inactivity?
The system will time out after 30 minutes of inactivity. To refresh the data, you will have to sign back into the portal.
Can I send a message to the Provider Assistance Center (PAC) in the new portal?
Yes, you can send messages to PAC in the new portal. You can also attach documents to your messages. The Message Center can be accessed by the envelope icon on the top right of any screen.
How long will the old portal be available after the new portal is launched?
Approximately 30 days.
After I transition to the new portal, will I still be able to view messages I have received or sent via the old portal?
No, you will not be able to see Sent or Received Messages from the old portal in the new portal; however, the old portal will be available for a short time after launch.
Where can I find the user guide for the general Provider User?
Here is a link to the user guide.
(See the Provider Admin User Guide for more information.)
Will other users from the old portal be migrated to the new portal? How will others in my organization be able to get access?
The Provider Admin will set up and maintain user access for their organization in the portal.
Which users from the old portal will be migrated to the new one?
One Admin will be migrated for each TIN to the new portal. The Admin will then set up all other users for that TIN.
What are the different security roles a user can hold in the new portal?
The portal has the following roles:
- Provider Admin - there can only be one Admin for any one Tax ID (TIN). UCare Payer Administration will grant access to the Provider Admin. Provider Admin can request access through link on the portal homepage.
- Provider Users – have access to information levels assigned by the Provider Admin (TIN/NPIs/Site Locations)
- Provider Financial Users (Coming Soon) – have access to information levels assigned by the Provider Admin in the same way a Provider User does. In addition, the Financial User may access financial reports in the Document Center.
Provider Admins will receive more information on how and when these users can be set up in the portal.
Why was the request from my biller or third-party biller denied when they requested access from the UCare Provider Portal landing page?
UCare will not give access to billers directly. We ask the Provider Admin to give access to any users (including billers or third-party billers) who need to view data.
Where can I find the Provider Admin user guide?
There are two guides available. The first explains how a Provider Admin will typically be set up once migration and portal launch is complete. The other explains how the Provider Admin will provision users for their organization. Both guides are available on the portal login page.
Where can I access the UCare Provider Directory?
The link is available on the UCare Provider website. Go to www.ucare.org/providers. Click the button labeled Visit Join Our Network, then under Provider Search click ‘Learn more’.
What forms do I use as a Non-Contracted Provider?
Non-Contracted providers can use the Non-Credentialed Practitioner (NCP) add form if credentialing is not required for their provider type or a Facility Add or Facility Change form when changes are needed. The forms are available on the Manage Your Information webpage.
How do I access the forms to request a change in Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT) or Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)?
To request an EFT or ERA, in the portal go to Resource Center, then click Resources. On the Resources page, use the link under Provider Payment and Remittance Request Form.
How do I access the Claim Reconsideration Form (CRF)?
The CRF is accessible from the Claim Detail page if the claim is paid. The form opens in a separate browser window. Complete the form then click Submit at the bottom of the page.
Why can’t I see a link to the Explanation of Payment (EOP)?
If payment has not been made, a link to an EOP will not be available.
Where will I see notifications in the new portal?
Notifications are found under the Bell icon in the upper right corner of the portal.
Will I see new notifications if they are sent while I’m logged in to the Portal?
No, you will have to log out of the portal and back in to see new notifications.
Is there any training or introduction to the Provider Portal I can used to familiarize myself with how to use the system?
Yes, the demonstration introducing the Provider Portal Admin functions was recorded. You can view the recording here: https://youtu.be/tmiKqAlnXa4
Other demos will be available later.