Credentialing & Recredentialing
- See providers who require credentialing.
- Providing services to members before you are both contracted and credentialed will result in claims being denied, rejected or processed as out of network.
- Each practitioner within your practice will have their own credentialing approval date. These dates may vary across practitioners, even if they are part of the same practice.
- Credentialed practitioners are enrolled in all plans/products that the Clinic/Group is contracted under.
- Recredentialing is performed every thirthy-six months, or earlier for any recredentialing files with variations from credentialing. Recredentialing is conditional upon the practitioner continuing to meet UCare’s credentialing standards and quality performance standards.
- All actions related to acceptance, denial, discipline and termination of participation status for a practitioner or organization are governed by UCare’s Credentialing Plan.
- For additional information including the Credentialing/Recredentialing Process, please see the Credentialing chapter of UCare’s Provider Manual.
- UCare’s Credentialing Department has a dedicated email box for credentialing-related questions – email@example.com.
- Follow the online credentialing process (preferred method) by visiting Minnesota Credentialing Collaborative (MCC)/ApplySmart. For issues with MCC/ApplySmart, please call their Customer Service line at 847-425-4616.
- Applications should be submitted at least three months prior to an individual practitioner's start date at a clinic.
- UCare uses a standard 90-day turnaround time and does not retrospectively apply effective dates.
- You can also submit your credentialing application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Initial Credentialing Application
- For credentialing questions, please email email@example.com.
If you are having difficulty downloading credentialing forms, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: If an application is incomplete, it will be returned and notification will be given through ApplySmart. The application will need to be resubmitted along with all missing information. The 90-day turnaround will start once a completed application is received from ApplySmart.
- When recredentialing is requested from UCare, applications should be submitted through Minnesota Credentialing Collaborative (MCC)/ApplySmart.
- You can also submit the Uniform Re-Credentialing Application at credentialsmart.net. When recredentialing is requested from UCare, applications are required to be submitted through this website.
- If an individual practitioner’s recredentialing application is not submitted in the time allowed, the practitioner’s UCare participating network status will be administratively terminated. Once terminated, no claims will pay, and the practitioner will need to complete the initial credentialing process.