Join Our Network
- Create or login to your account and submit your application using the link below.
To create an account, click the link below, then click register (upper right menu). Once registered, you will receive an email from “UCare Service Portal” with your Username and a link to validate your email address. After validating your email, you will be able to login with your username and password and begin the application process.
- Be prepared to have all needed information available prior to beginning your application:
- Demographic and contact information, including Tax ID, NPI/UMPI, Medicare Number and W9 (either a downloadable copy or information to complete the W9 section)
- Complete list of practice locations and practitioners
- Disclosure of Ownership information
- Certificate of Insurance for general liability and professional insurance to download in the application
- For Transportation providers, downloadable current Vehicle Certification from Minnesota Department of Transportation (MNDOT)
- Missing and/or incomplete information may result in processing delays and/or denial of your request.
- Click here to create an account and start your application.
- In some cases, you must also be credentialed and approved. See Credentialing information.
- Before seeing UCare members, you must receive a contract effective date from UCare. Seeing UCare members prior to the contract effective date and the credentialing approval date (if applicable) will result in out-of-network claim processing, claim rejections or claim denials.
- Submitting a contracting request does not guarantee enrollment as a participating UCare provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
UCare requires all contracted providers with assigned National Provider Identifier (NPI) or Unique Minnesota Provider Identifier (UMPI) to be registered with the Minnesota Department of Human Services. Information regarding registration can be found on the MHCP Enrolled Providers page, under “MHCP Provider Requirements.”
If you have questions on the registration process or other questions for DHS, please call the DHS Information Desk at 651-431-2000.
You may not begin seeing members until the contract effective date. The contract effective date will generally be determined by UCare once the signed contract is received from the provider. Providing services to UCare members before you are contracted can result in denied claims.
For providers who also require credentialing, providing services to UCare members before you are both contracted and credentialed can result in denied claims. Please note that each practitioner within your practice will have his/her own credentialing approval date. These dates may vary across practitioners, even if they are part of the same practice.
The credentialing approval date with UCare cannot be backdated or changed from the date that is listed in the approval letter from UCare. Services provided to members prior to this approval date and the contract effective date can result in denied claims.
Providers who have opted-out or are not enrolled with Medicare, may not provide services to members enrolled in UCare Medicare Plans. Additionally, UCare follows CMS and MHCP eligibility and billing guidelines respectively to determine service coverage. Providers eligible for Medicare coverage may choose to opt-out or not enroll in Medicare. However, for dually eligible members, UCare will not reimburse services covered by, but not billed to, Medicare because the provider has chosen not to enroll in Medicare. For additional information on opt-out Providers, please visit the MN Department of Human Services Provider Manual to review Medicare and Other Insurance requirements.
When a member has other insurance primary to UCare, it is the provider’s responsibility to bill all third-party liability “TPL” payers and receive payment to the fullest extent possible before billing UCare.