Community Grant application process
We are not currently accepting grant applications. Check back for updates about future grant cycles.
UCare Community Grants fund high-impact services, education and community outreach that improve the health of underserved individuals.
Use the information on this page to view key grant cycle dates and learn how to apply for a grant through our grant management system.
2023 grant timeline
|March 20, 2023
|Begin accepting grant applications
|May 1, 2023
|Application period closes at 11:59 pm
|August 7, 2023
|Notification letter available in portal
|September 1, 2023
|Grant cycle begins
Apply for a grant online
The UCare Foundation uses a secure, online grant management system for grant applications and the management of awarded grants. Application materials, grantee reports and other grant-related materials must be submitted using the online system.
We recommend that you watch the Applicant Tutorial before using the online grant management system.
Returning users should log in using your email address and password. Please do not create a second user account. There is a system prompt if you need a password reminder.
New users must first register by clicking "Create New Account" and enter an email address and password to be used for all your submissions.
An access code is necessary to begin the application. The access code for each funding priority is listed on the grant management system login page.
The registration process includes four sections:
- Organization information, including EIN/Tax ID number
- Your individual user information
- Executive officer information
- Create your individual user password
You will not be able to save a partial registration to complete later. You should gather all required information before beginning the registration process.
After you have completed the registration process, you will be directed to the Application Page. On the left side of your screen you will see two options beneath the “Request” heading:
Dashboard – (Application Status Page) This screen is your home page where you can check the status of your grant. This page will display the form you just completed, the status of the form and the next form in the process.
Apply – (Application Page) This screen lists the available grants and is the portal to apply for a grant.
Please review your application carefully before submitting it, as changes cannot be made after submission. A confirmation email will be sent when your application is received.
- Community Grant applications receive preliminary review by Foundation staff to determine if a proposal falls generally within giving guidelines.
- UCare staff investigate each proposal and, if necessary, request additional information. The UCare Foundation Council makes all final funding determinations.
- If an application falls outside the geographic or programmatic purview of the UCare Foundation, the Foundation will notify the applicant immediately and the application will receive no further consideration.
- Applicants will be notified of the funding decision on August 7, 2023 via the online portal.
Conditions of grant
Grant recipients must complete a grant agreement before the Foundation will release the grant funds. Grantees are required to participate in an on-site visit, and to submit interim and final reports. Reporting requirements include financial reporting.