Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer
spark dark blue

Enroll in UCare Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP) or MinnesotaCare

How to enroll in UCare PMAP or MinnesotaCare:

Before selecting a UCare plan, you will need to apply for the Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP) or MinnesotaCare through MNsure. You can apply online, fill out a paper application, or visit your local county office.

Here’s what to expect when you apply online:

  1. If you haven’t already, you will need to create an account at
  2. Sign into your account and choose to apply with financial assistance.
  3. Fill out the application. You’ll be asked for details about yourself and your household, including your income and whether you have any employer-sponsored insurance.
  4. Review and sign your application electronically.
  5. Once you submit your application, you’ll get a screen that tells you what assistance you’re eligible for.
  6. If you qualify for Medicaid (Medical Assistance) or MinnesotaCare, you’ll be contacted by the Department of Human Services, your county or your tribal agency to choose a health plan.
  7. At that point, you may be able to request UCare as your health plan for Medicaid (Medical Assistance) or MinnesotaCare coverage, if you live in the UCare service area.

For more details on this application process, visit MNsure. Need help? Find a MNsure-certified navigator. (External links.)

Questions? Call a UCare expert.

8 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday
Call 612-676-3200 or 1-800-203-7225
TTY 612-676-6810 or 1-800-688-2534