Enroll in UCare Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP) or MinnesotaCare
How to enroll in UCare PMAP or MinnesotaCare:
Before selecting a UCare plan, you will need to apply for the Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP) or MinnesotaCare through MNsure. You can apply online, fill out a paper application, or visit your local county office.
Here’s what to expect when you apply online:
- If you haven’t already, you will need to create an account at MNsure.org
- Sign into your account and choose to apply with financial assistance.
- Fill out the application. You’ll be asked for details about yourself and your household, including your income and whether you have any employer-sponsored insurance.
- Review and sign your application electronically.
- Once you submit your application, you’ll get a screen that tells you what assistance you’re eligible for.
- If you qualify for Medicaid (Medical Assistance) or MinnesotaCare, you’ll be contacted by the Department of Human Services, your county or your tribal agency to choose a health plan.
- At that point, you may be able to request UCare as your health plan for Medicaid (Medical Assistance) or MinnesotaCare coverage, if you live in the UCare service area.