Medicare Supplement Plans
UCare offers three new statewide Medicare Supplement plans. Explore our plans and choose one that’s right for you.
What Is a Medicare Supplement (or Medigap) plan?
- Medicare Supplement plans help pay for costs Original Medicare doesn’t cover, like copays, coinsurance and deductibles.
- Medicare Supplement plans don’t include Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage. If you want prescription drug coverage, you’ll need to purchase a separate Part D plan.
Why choose a UCare Medicare Supplement plan?
UCare offers a range of Medicare Supplement plans and premiums to fit your needs and budget, all with these advantages:
- No network: See any Medicare provider, no referrals needed.
- Goes where you go: You’re covered anywhere in the U.S.
- Extras: Benefits like SilverSneakers® and tobacco quit programs and aids to keep you healthy.
- Guaranteed coverage: Your benefits are guaranteed as long as you pay the premium.
UCare Medicare Supplement Plans and Outline of Coverage
All Medicare Supplement plans include these benefits:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance for inpatient hospital care
- The first three pints of blood each year
- Medicare Part A coinsurance for hospice care
- Medicare Part A or B cost sharing for home health care and medical supplies
UCare Medicare Supplement Basic
After Medicare pays its share, your plan covers:
- Coinsurance for Part A inpatient hospitalization, after you meet the deductible
- Daily coinsurance for Part A skilled nursing facility care eligible expenses
- Coinsurance for Part B eligible expenses, after you meet the deductible
- 80% of covered charges for emergency care while traveling outside U.S.
- Reasonable cost for first three pints of blood
- 100% of Part B charges for covered immunizations and routine screenings
- Cost sharing for eligible Part A hospice and respite care expenses
UCare Medicare Supplement Extended Basic
Includes UCare Medicare Supplement Basic coverage plus:
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Annual physical and/or preventive services (up to $120 maximum)
- 80% of covered charges for non-emergency medical care while traveling outside U.S.
UCare Medicare Supplement with $20/$50 Copay
Includes UCare Medicare Supplement Basic coverage (except certain immunizations) plus:
- Part A coinsurance and hospital costs up to 365 days after Medicare benefits are used up
- $20 office visit or $50 Emergency Room visit (waived if admitted to hospital)
|Available to all applicants||must be first eligible for medicare before 2020|
|Benefits||supplement basic||Supplement extended basic without part B deductible coverage||supplement plan with $20/$50 copays||Supplement Extended Basic With Part B Deductible Coverage1|
|Medicare Part B coinsurance or copay||✓||✓||Copays apply2||✓|
|Skilled nursing facility coinsurance||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Medicare Part A deductible||Optional rider||✓||✓||✓|
|Medicare Part B deductible1||Optional rider1||✓|
|Medicare Part B excess charges||Optional rider||✓||✓|
|Foreign travel care||80%3||80%||80%3||80%|
|Preventive medical care (Non-Medicare covered)||Optional rider
|$120 maximum||$120 maximum|
|Immunizations not covered under Part D||✓||✓||✓|
|Routine screening procedures for cancer, including mammograms and Pap smears||✓||✓||✓||✓|
1 This is not available for “newly eligible” applicants. “Newly eligible” is defined as turning 65 on or after January 1, 2020, or if you first become eligible for Medicare benefits due to age, disability, or ESRD on or after January 1, 2020.
2 Plan pays 100% of Part B coinsurance, except up to $20 copayment for some office visits and up to a $50 copayment for emergency room visits that do not result in an inpatient admission.
3 Benefits limited to charges incurred as a result of a medical emergency.