UCare Medicare Group Plans
UCare Medicare Group Plans are available to Medicare-eligible retirees and their Medicare-eligible dependents.
UCare Medicare Group Plans include:
- 100% preventive care coverage.
- Full office visit coverage with copays.
- 100% hospitalization coverage (some groups have a copay per admission).
- Worldwide emergency coverage.
- Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage (also known as Medicare Part D). Prescription drugs are covered 100% after copays. Most UCare Medicare Group Plans include coverage through the Part D coverage gap.
- If you would like information about how you could offer UCare Medicare Group Plans to your retirees, or for one of your clients, please call us at 612-676-6900 or 1-877-598-6574 toll free (TTY: 1-800-688-2534), or email email@example.com.
Search the 2022 UCare Medicare Group Formulary
2022 Classic Choice Dental Overview (PDF)
2022 UCare Medicare Provider and Pharmacy Directories (PDF)
To request a bound copy of our Provider/Pharmacy Directory, please call Customer Services at the number on the back of your member ID card.
Am I eligible?
To become a UCare Medicare Group Plans member, you must:
- Have Medicare Part A and Part B (by age or disability).
- Be a retiree or spouse eligible for benefits through a former employer who offers the UCare Medicare Group plan.
- Live in the UCare Medicare Group Plans service area.
The service area includes the entire state of Minnesota and the following Wisconsin counties: Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Buffalo, Burnett, Chippewa, Crawford, Douglas, Dunn, Eau Claire, Grant, Iowa, Jackson, Juneau, La Crosse, Monroe, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Richland, Sauk, Sawyer, St. Croix, Trempealeau, Vernon and Washburn.
Medicare Coverage Updates
Part D Coverage Determinations, Appeals and Grievances
Part C Organizational Determinations, Appeals and Grievances
Instructions for Appointing a Representative (PDF)
Rights and Responsibilities Upon Disenrollment (PDF)
Medicare Claim Reimbursement Form (PDF)
Use this form to be reimbursed for covered health care expenses.
Automatic Payment Form (PDF)
Sign up to have your plan premium automatically deducted from your checking or savings account each month.
Minnesota public employee retirees and dependents (spouses) who are eligible for Medicare may be eligible for the UCare Medicare Group plan through PEIP.
Available to retirees of Minnesota Public School Districts.2021 Benefit Grid - Education MN (PDF)
Group plan benefits and prices vary from group to group, so if you are a member and have questions about your particular Group contract, please call UCare Medicare Group Customer Services at 612-676-6840 or 1-877-447-4385 toll free. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you are a retiree from one of the groups that offers UCare Medicare Group Plans, and you have questions or would like to receive a packet of materials about the plan, please call 612-676-6900 or 1-877-598-6574 toll free (TTY: 1-800-688-2534), or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are available 8 am to 8 pm, daily.