Enrolling in Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare
How to enroll in UCare Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP) (Medical Assistance) or MinnesotaCare
You qualify for Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare based on your income and family size.
Income guidelines for a family of four
For more details on income guidelines, visit MNsure.
Here’s what to expect when you apply:
- If you haven’t already, you will need to create an account at MNsure.org
- Sign into your account and choose to apply with financial assistance.
- Fill out the application. You’ll be asked for details about yourself and your household, including your income and whether you have any employer-sponsored insurance.
- Review and sign your application electronically.
- Once you submit your application, you’ll get a screen that tells you what assistance you’re eligible for.
- If you qualify for Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare, you’ll be contacted by the Department of Human Services, your county or your tribal agency to choose a health plan.
- At that point, you may be able to request UCare as your health plan for Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare coverage.
Minnesota Health Care Programs
Minnesota also offers health care assistance programs for: