UCare’s people power is here for you.
Year-round enrollment opportunities
Outside of Annual Open Enrollment, you may still qualify to enroll in a health plan through a Special Enrollment Period. You may be eligible if you've lost your job, had a baby, moved to the area or experienced other life changes.
What you need to know
You can sign up for a health plan within 60 days of experiencing a qualifying life event, like:
- You or your dependent loses employer-sponsored coverage
- Your COBRA coverage comes to an end
- There’s been a change to a dependent’s status, such as turning 26 years old and losing coverage through a parent’s plan
- Your household size changes because you got married, had a baby or adopted a child
- You lose private health coverage enrolled in through MNsure due to divorce, legal separation or death
- You lose coverage in Medical Assistance (Medicaid) or MinnesotaCare (MnCare) or other government-sponsored coverage
- You gain citizenship status making you newly eligible for a qualified health plan
- You made a permanent move to Minnesota from elsewhere or within Minnesota to a new county or zip code
- You were released from serving a term in prison or jail
- You were enrolled in coverage outside of MNsure and income decrease makes you eligible for tax credits
You may qualify for a subsidy to help lower the cost of your monthly plan premiums and out-of-pocket costs. Talk with a UCare simplifier to learn more or go to mnsure.org to see if you qualify.
We’re here to help
Need help finding the plan that’s best for you?
Call a UCare simplifier
Hours: 8 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday
Work with a broker
Find a local independent health insurance broker to help you select and enroll in a plan on MNsure