Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Year-round enrollment opportunities

Outside of Annual Open Enrollment, you may still qualify to enroll in a health plan through a Special Enrollment Period. You may be eligible if you've lost your job, had a baby, moved to the area or experienced other life changes.

Compare our plans

What you need to know

You can sign up for a health plan within 60 days of experiencing a qualifying life event, like:

  • You or your dependent loses employer-sponsored coverage
  • Your COBRA coverage comes to an end
  • There’s been a change to a dependent’s status, such as turning 26 years old and losing coverage through a parent’s plan
  • Your household size changes because you got married, had a baby or adopted a child
  • You lose private health coverage enrolled in through MNsure due to divorce, legal separation or death
  • You lose coverage in Medical Assistance (Medicaid) or MinnesotaCare (MnCare) or other government-sponsored coverage
  • You gain citizenship status making you newly eligible for a qualified health plan
  • You made a permanent move to Minnesota from elsewhere or within Minnesota to a new county or zip code
  • You were released from serving a term in prison or jail
  • You were enrolled in coverage outside of MNsure and income decrease makes you eligible for tax credits

You may qualify for a subsidy to help lower the cost of your monthly plan premiums and out-of-pocket costs. Talk with a UCare simplifier to learn more or go to to see if you qualify.

We’re here to help

Need help finding the plan that’s best for you?

Call a UCare simplifier

Phone: 1-855-307-6975
TTY: 1-800-688-2534
Hours: 8 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday

Work with a broker

Find a local independent health insurance broker to help you select and enroll in a plan on MNsure

Find a broker in your area

Ready to get started?

Explore our health plans.

Compare our plans