Get your GED credential at no cost to you
UCare has teamed up with GEDWorks™, the leading GED education benefits program.
GEDWorks is an online* program from the GED® Testing Service designed to help you earn your high school diploma.
This program is available to eligible UCare members at no additional cost.
With the GEDWorks program, you get:
- Unlimited practice tests and study materials
- Official GED credential tests
- A dedicated GED Advisor™ to provide support every step of the way
- Access to bilingual (English and Spanish) advisors, tests and study materials
Members interested in GEDWorks must meet each of these requirements:
- Current UCare MinnesotaCare, Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP), Connect (SNBC) or Connect + Medicare (HMO D-SNP) members
- Not enrolled in an accredited high school or has a high school diploma
- Over the age of 19. If the member is 17 or 18, they must have an approved age waiver**.
*GEDWorks practice tests and study tools are only available online. The official GED test can be taken online or in person at an official testing center.
**The waiver form is included in the application process for those ages 17 and 18. Applicants will be notified by email if their waiver is approved.