The UCare Foundation directly supports the UCare mission to improve the health of our members through innovative services and partnerships across communities.
Review the general guidelines below to see if you qualify for a funding opportunity.
To be considered for a grant, organizations must be a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, or a public/governmental agency located in Minnesota. A public agency is an organization established and primarily funded by a unit of government. Examples include a public school, public health department or state governmental agency. Tribal nations are eligible.
- Funding consideration will be given to requests of up to $50,000 for quality initiatives, mental health and preventive health projects
- Funding consideration will be given to requests of up to $100,000 for health equity projects
- Organizations can receive only one grant per calendar year
- Overhead expenses/indirect costs cannot exceed 10% of the total grant
Consideration is not given for:
- Capital campaigns or capital expenditures
- General and/or ongoing operating support
- Religious groups for religious purposes
- Lobbying or political activities
- Sporting events or athletic groups
- Direct support for individuals and families