- Organizations residing within Minnesota
- Private nonprofit or public tax-exempt organizations for purposes defined under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and that are not foundations
- Governmental agencies eligible to receive funding
- Tribal governments and agencies
- Research organizations
- Faith-based organizations
- Proposals are funded on an annual basis at the discretion of the UCare Foundation. Funding consideration will be given to community grant requests of $50,000 or less, and research grants of $75,000 or less.
- Organizations can receive only one grant per calendar year.
- Lobbying, political, or fraternal activities
- Sports events and athletic groups
- Religious activities
- Endowments, fundraising events, or development campaigns