Quick Facts about the UCare Difference
- Is a market leader in Minnesota’s Medicaid, Medicare and Individual and Family plan marketplace.
- Has the longest serving Medicare Advantage plan in the state, and was among the first health plans to offer coverage through MNsure.
- Is the fourth-largest health plan in Minnesota.
- Provides health coverage to more than 116,000 Medicare enrollees, more than 37,000 adults with disabilities, more than 448,000 Medicaid members and more than 48,000 Individual & Family Plan members.
- Works with an extensive network of health care providers across the region – including 96% of all doctors in Minnesota.
- Pioneered transportation, interpretation and mobile dental services for state health care program enrollees.
- Was the first health plan in Minnesota to offer coverage to people with disabilities, and currently serves the most members with disabilities of any health plan in Minnesota.
- Is committed to being an anti-racist organization ensuring all members have a fair and just opportunity to be as healthy as possible.
- Before becoming an independent, nonprofit health plan in the late ‘80s, was a demonstration project at the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health at the University of Minnesota Medical School.