About UCare Connect
UCare Connect (Special Needs BasicCare) is a plan for people with a certified disability who qualify for Medicaid (Medical Assistance) and has additional benefits not available on regular Medicaid.
Enroll in UCare Connect if you:
- Have a certified disability or are actively receiving services through the Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver
- Are at least age 18 and under age 65
- Receive Medicaid (Medical Assistance) with or without Medicare Parts A and B
- Live in the UCare Connect service area
Aitkin, Anoka, Becker, Benton, Blue Earth, Carlton, Carver, Cass, Chippewa, Chisago, Clay, Cook, Cottonwood, Crow Wing, Dakota, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Hennepin, Houston, Isanti, Itasca, Jackson, Kanabec, Kandiyohi, Kittson, Koochiching, Lac qui Parle, Lake, Lake of the Woods, Le Sueur, Lincoln, Lyon, Mahnomen, Marshall, Martin, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Norman, Olmsted, Otter Tail, Pennington, Pine, Polk, Ramsey, Red Lake, Redwood, Rice, Rock, Roseau, Scott, Sherburne, St. Louis, Stearns, Swift, Todd, Wadena, Washington, Watonwan, Wilkin, Winona, Wright and Yellow Medicine.
When you join UCare Connect, a team of health care professionals will be dedicated to helping you meet your health and wellness goals. You will be assigned a care navigator who can help you:
- Identify or change your primary care clinic, or primary care provider
- Learn about preventive care, such as annual physical exams, vaccinations and screenings
- Enroll in a disease management program if you have asthma, diabetes or heart failure, and you meet the program criteria
- Get information regarding programs so you can start exercising, quit smoking, prepare for a baby or take other steps to improve your health
You may be offered comprehensive case management based on your level of need.
- Keep Your Coverage team of specialists that guide you through the Medicaid renewal process so you can avoid breaks in care and services
- Access to UCare Dental Connection to help you find and schedule appointments with dental clinics that can accommodate your needs
- Ability to join or leave the health plan whenever you like (if you choose to leave, you will be enrolled through the last day of the month)
- No-cost transportation to and from covered medical, dental and pharmacy appointments through UCare Health Ride
- Enhanced dental coverage including an extra exam
- Dental care aboard the UCare Mobile Dental Clinic when it's in your area
- Personal Care Assistance, Home Care Nursing Services and disability waiver benefits for those who qualify
- Dedicated providers in the UCare Connect network who understand and know how to treat your unique needs
- UCare 24/7 nurse line, so you know where to go when you’re not feeling well
- One Pass fitness program with gym membership, online classes and more
- No-cost fitness and wellness kits with at-home activities including Fitness, Stress Relief, Sleep Aid, Dental and Amazon Echo upon request
- Up to a $15 discount on most community education classes in Minnesota (limits apply)
- Save up to $50 a week at participating grocery stores with Healthy Savings. Shop and save when you buy select healthy foods including milk, whole-grain bread, lean meat, eggs, yogurt, fruits, vegetables and more
- Earn rewards for completing certain preventive screenings, tests or exams
Things to consider before you enroll
Are your drugs covered?
We cover a wide range of drugs from brand name to generic. See if your prescriptions are covered.
Did you review the plan?
Review this document to make sure this is the right plan for you.
Opt-in to Receive Non-Plan Information (online form)
Complete this form to receive updates about state or federal legislation, grassroots advocacy, community activities and more.
Part D Coverage Determinations, Appeals, and Grievances
Find out how to make a complaint if you have concerns about your Part D coverage.
Part C Organizational Determinations, Appeal and Grievances
Questions and Answers about Health Care Directives (PDF)
Instructions for Appointing a Representative (PDF)
Statement of Representative (PDF)