Broker Portal Frequently Asked Questions
Use this guide to help you get the most out of UCare’s Broker Portal. Our goal is to make it easy to work with UCare. Thank you for your business!
Getting started on the Broker Portal
Although technology developers do their best to ensure products work on all major browsers, sometimes they perform better on some than on others. If you are having problems with the tool using one browser, please try another one. We recommend using Google or Firefox.
Go to https://broker.ucare.org. Use the sign-on information that you have (or will) receive from UCare Admin (email@example.com).
See the image of the home screen (dashboard) below for what and where you can access the Broker Portal.
You should have received an email from UCare Admin with your registration information. If you can’t find the email, look in your email spam folder. If you still can’t find the information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your user name is your email address. If you have forgotten your password, click on “need help signing in?” in the Broker Portal sign in area at the upper right of the Portal.
Email email@example.com and request a Broker Manager Access form, or download the form.
Once you have access, learn more about the Agency Manager Role with this guide.
If you have access to the Agency Manager role, logging into the portal will initially take you to your view as a broker where you can see information on your clients only.
To see information about your brokers and their clients, click on “Change Roles” then “Manager” then “Select.”
- Click on ‘Members’ and a listing of the broker’s members will display.
- Click the member # and the policy details for the member will be displayed.
- An overview of the members policy will display. Includes details such as, the plan name, plan type, and coverage effective date.
Enrolling in a Medicare plan
- First create a contact or select an existing contact you previously created.
- Then click on “Create Application” to be walked through the enrollment process.
Yes. Press “Save and Exit” at any step in the enrollment application process.” Then you can come back and continue where you left off.
You can get to it either from the Applications section on the dashboard or from the prospective member’s Contact Details from the Contacts section of the dashboard.
Click on the Application ID. You’ll know that an application has not yet been submitted because the status will show as “In Progress.”
It is strongly recommended, but not required. The on-line enrollment tool will display all primary care clinics for all specialties available based on the enrollee information submitted. Consider using different “filtering” options to help select the best clinic for the enrollee. For example, you could filter by (such as Family Medicine) or by distance from home (such as within 20 miles) If you don’t choose a primary care clinic, one will be chosen for the enrollee by UCare.
After Submitting an Application
You can view the status in the Applications section of the dashboard. After submitting the application, the status will change from “In Progress” to “Pending”.
Not Yet Submitted
The application was started but not yet submitted. (Status may show as “In Progress”)
The application was submitted. This status will display for up to two hours, then change to “Pending”.
The application has been submitted and is being processed.
The application is being processed but it is incomplete and requires additional information. A reason is provided.
The application was rejected either because one or more required documents were not received or CMS rejected the application due to other reasons.
The application was cancelled by request.
The application was denied due to non-receipt of required information.
The application has been approved by CMS.
A reason will display next to the status “Incomplete” in the Applications section of the portal. In most cases, the reason given is self-explanatory. Here are two reasons that may require some explanation.
|Incomplete – HICN not found||
CMS was unable to confirm the client qualified for Medicare based upon the Health Insurance Claims Number (HICN) submitted on the application. This can happen for a number of reasons.
The application was incomplete due to the client’s End Stages Renal Disease (ESRD.) This can happen for a number of reasons.
No action is required on your part. Within 7 days of receiving the application, UCare’s enrollment team will reach out via telephone or mail to inform the prospect of any additional information or documentation that is needed to compete the application. Please advise the client to following the instructions given and respond by any deadlines received.
Yes, if your broker identification number was indicated on the application. You will be able to see status but you will not be able to view the application itself.
- If it is an Individual and Family Plan (IFP) application.
- If no broker number was included on the Medicare application.
- If the Medicare application was mailed or faxed in and the broker information was not clearly indicated (may not have scanned properly).
If there is an issue with your agent of record not being associated with a policy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As long as the application status is “Pending” or “Enrolled” status and within 30 days from the effective date of coverage you can add the dental option. Just go back into the application and click “Add Dental.”
If you have additional information about a prospective member, such as a Medicare ID number, send an email to email@example.com.
Viewing your Book of Business
- If it is prior to a Medicare member’s effective date of coverage.
- If it is for an Individual and Family Plans (IFP) member whose first payment has not yet been received.
- If you are not listed as the agent of record on the policy.
- If you believe that you should be the agent of record, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCare will look into the situation and advise you on how to proceed.
- If you believe that you should be the agent of record, please send an email to email@example.com.
UCare implemented a new claim system for Individual & Family Plans (IFP) in January 2019 and assigned new ID numbers. IFP members who previously had an ID number will appear twice—once with the old number and once with the new.
Viewing your Commissions
Commissions are paid five times a year.
|Approximate payment date:||Payment covers:|
|January 31||All new business and renewals for the 1st Quarter
Revisions from 4th Quarter previous year
|March 31||All new business and renewals for the 2nd Quarter
Revisions from 1st Quarter
|July 31||All new business and renewals for the 3rd Quarter
Revisions from 2nd Quarter
|September 31||All new business and renewals for the 4th Quarter
Revisions from 3rd Quarter
|December 31||Any 4th Quarter new business or renewals that were not included in the September payment|
- The application does not reflect your broker number.
- The broker number was incorrect on the application or scanned incorrectly at UCare.
- In the above cases, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application was approved close to the commission cutoff/not in time for the commission payment process for the quarter.
The application was approved very close to the effective date/not in time for the commission payment process for the quarter.
- In the above cases, the commission will be paid the following quarter.
No. Each broker has unique Broker Portal sign-in credentials and will not see other brokers’ commissions.
Yes. If you have been assigned the role of Agency Manager, you will see commission information for any broker with that same Agency ID.
No. Each broker has unique Broker Portal sign-in credentials and will not see other brokers’ commissions. However, your Agency Manager will see them.
Other Broker Portal capabilities
- First find the form by going to “Tools & Resources” or otherwise make sure you have an electronic copy of the document you want to upload. If using a form from the portal, download or print the form.
- Fill in the form and save the completed form on your computer, or scan and save the form on your computer.
- Go to “Home” and to “View Profile”.
- Upload the document from the appropriate section.
You are able to export lists of policies, applications, or contacts.
After pressing “Show All” from the dashboard, click the arrow on the upper right of the screen.
You can customize UCare marketing templates and order them for print and shipment using the UCare Trinket Store website. We developed this web tool with Stakkers, one of UCare’s print vendors.
If you have a login for the Broker Portal, you will receive an email invitation with the URL to log in and your user name. You will be able to set up a new password at this time. Your username will be the same username as your Broker Portal username.
How to Use
- Access the Print on Demand website via your email invitation from “UCare Trinket Store.”
- Log in.
- Click on “Brokers” in the upper left navigation bar.
Select the template you want to customize. Postcards and brochures are available in two formats, Custom Print and Custom Print and Mail. Each item will appear on the site twice, with either “Custom Print” or “Custom Print and Mail” in the item name.
Customize with your contact information and have the finished item delivered to your office or address of your choice.
Custom Print and Mail
Customize with your contact information and provide a mailing list. Stakkers will custom print and mail to your provided list.
- Fill out the online form to populate the variable text. Pay via credit card. If you are also using the Mail feature, take note of your order number after submitting your order. Send your mail list in .CSV file format to email@example.com and put your order number in the subject line. Please also provide shipping instructions for any extra printed items.