Enroll in a UCare Individual & Family Health Plan
Experience the UCare difference
How to enroll in a UCare health plan
Open Enrollment Period
Nov. 1, 2022 – Jan. 15, 2023
Jan. 1 if enrolled by Dec. 15
Feb. 1 if enrolled by Jan. 15
You can enroll in a UCare plan on MNsure.org. But certain life changes like losing health coverage through a job loss, having a baby, moving, or turning age 26 could qualify you to enroll in a health plan during a Special Enrollment Period.
Learn more about qualifying life events and special enrollment periods.
Steps to enroll
1. Use our shopping tool to find the right plan for you.
You’ll be able to download and email yourself the information about the plan you choose. (If you’ve already done this, skip to step 2.)
Or work with a local broker to help you compare plans available in your area. Find a UCare broker near you.
2. Then, visit MNsure.org to enroll.You’ll fill out income information to determine if you’re eligible for a subsidy. Even if you previously didn't qualify, you now may due to recent changes in the Affordable Care Act. There, you’ll have an opportunity to compare all plans available or choose the plan you want if you’ve already made a decision.
It’s a good idea to gather the information you’ll need before you enroll. You’ll need:
- Social Security numbers for each person applying and dates of birth for everyone in the household
- Driver’s license, Tribal ID or other ID
- Green card or other immigration documents if you’re not a U.S. citizen
- Proof of income if you’re applying for a subsidy
- Depending on your situation, you may need to provide some additional information. MNsure will walk you through it.