UCare Connect (SNBC)
UCare Connect is a Special Needs BasicCare program that provides health care coverage to adults with certified disabilities.
Are you eligible?
You can join UCare Connect if you:
- Have a certified disability or receive waiver services for your disability from your county
- Are at least age 18 and under age 65
- Have Medical Assistance with or without Medicare Parts A and B
- Live in the 65-county UCare Connect service area
See the map for the counties in the UCare Connect service area.
Aitkin, Anoka, Becker, Benton, Blue Earth, Carlton, Carver, Cass, Chippewa, Chisago, Clay, Cook, Cottonwood, Crow Wing, Dakota, Faribault, Fillmore, Hennepin, Houston, Isanti, Itasca, Jackson, Kandiyohi, Kittson, Koochiching, Lac qui Parle, Lake, Lake of the Woods, Le Sueur, Lincoln, Lyon, Mahnomen, Marshall, Martin, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Norman, Olmsted, Otter Tail, Pennington, Pine, Polk, Ramsey, Red Lake, Redwood, Rice, Rock, Roseau, Scott, Sherburne, St. Louis, Stearns, Swift, Todd, Wadena, Washington, Watonwan, Wilkin, Winona, Wright, Yellow Medicine
With UCare Connect, you can get:
- Support from UCare’s Keep Your Coverage program, which offers Medical Assistance renewal support for continuous coverage
- Access to UCare Dental Connection to help you find and schedule appointments with dental clinics that can accommodate your needs
- Ability to join or leave the health plan whenever you like*
- No-cost transportation to and from services covered by UCare through UCare's Health Ride
*If you choose to leave, you will be enrolled through the last day of the month.
Focus on Wellness
- One Pass fitness program including gym membership, online fitness classes, at home fitness kits, brain training, and no-cost social events, activities and classes.
- No-cost fitness and wellness kits with at-home activities including Fitness, Stress Relief, Sleep Aid, Dental and Amazon Echo upon request
- Up to a $15 discount on most community education classes in Minnesota (limits apply)
- Save up to $50 a week at participating grocery stores with Healthy Savings. Shop and save when you buy select healthy foods including milk, whole-grain bread, lean meat, eggs, yogurt, fruits, vegetables and more
- Earn rewards for completing certain preventive screenings, tests or exams
- Enhanced dental coverage including an extra exam
- Dental care aboard the UCare Mobile Dental Clinic when it's in your area
- Personal Care Assistance, Home Care Nursing Services and disability waiver benefits for those who qualify
- Dedicated providers in the UCare Connect network who understand and know how to treat your unique needs
- UCare 24/7 nurse line, so you know where to go when you’re not feeling well
UCare Connect Care Management
When you join UCare Connect, a team of health care professionals will be dedicated to helping you meet your health and wellness goals. You will be assigned a care navigator, who can help you:
- Identify or change your primary care clinic, or primary care provider
- Learn about preventive care, such as annual physical exams, vaccinations and screenings
- Enroll in a disease management program if you have asthma, diabetes, or heart failure, and you meet the program criteria
- Get information regarding programs so you can start exercising, quit smoking, prepare for a baby or take other steps to improve your health
Other care management team members, such as a case coordinator or complex care nurse, may also work with you as needed.
Is a primary care clinic, dentist, or case management facility accessible to people with disabilities?
Discover information about the access features of dental clinics in our network.
Dental Accessibility Survey Results (2018) (PDF)