UCare Connect (SNBC)
UCare Connect is a Special Needs BasicCare program that provides health care coverage to adults with certified disabilities.
Are you eligible?
You can join UCare Connect if you:
- Have a certified disability or receive waiver services for your disability from your county
- Are at least age 18 and under age 65
- Have Medical Assistance with or without Medicare Parts A and B
- Live in the 65-county UCare Connect service area
See the map for the counties in the UCare Connect service area.
Aitkin, Anoka, Becker, Benton, Blue Earth, Carlton, Carver, Cass, Chippewa, Chisago, Clay, Cook, Cottonwood, Crow Wing, Dakota, Faribault, Fillmore, Hennepin, Houston, Isanti, Itasca, Jackson, Kandiyohi, Kittson, Koochiching, Lac qui Parle, Lake, Lake of the Woods, Le Sueur, Lincoln, Lyon, Mahnomen, Marshall, Martin, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Norman, Olmsted, Otter Tail, Pennington, Pine, Polk, Ramsey, Red Lake, Redwood, Rice, Rock, Roseau, Scott, Sherburne, St. Louis, Stearns, Swift, Todd, Wadena, Washington, Watonwan, Wilkin, Winona, Wright, Yellow Medicine
Current members — important 2021 information
Search the Minnesota Health Care Programs List of Covered Drugs (Formulary)
2021 UCare Connect Member Handbook (PDF)
2021 UCare Connect Provider and Pharmacy Directories (PDF)
Questions and Answers about Health Care Directives (PDF)
2021 UCare Connect New Member Guide (PDF)
With UCare Connect, you can get:
- Support from UCare’s Keep Your Coverage program, which offers Medical Assistance renewal support for continuous coverage
- Access to UCare Dental Connection help you find and schedule appointments with dental clinics that can accommodate your needs
- Ability to join or leave the program whenever you like**
- No-cost transportation to and from services covered by UCare through UCare's Health Ride
**If you choose to leave, you will be enrolled through the last day of the month.
Focus on Wellness
- No-cost SilverSneakers® Fitness membership at all participating fitness locations, visit SilverSneakers.com for more information
- No-cost fitness kits with at-home activities such as Stress Relief, Tai Chi, Sit & Be Fit and Latin Dance upon request
- Up to a $15 discount on most community education classes in Minnesota (limits apply)
- Save up to $50 a week at participating grocery stores with Healthy Savings. Shop and save when you buy select healthy foods including milk, whole-grain bread, lean meat, eggs, yogurt, fruits, vegetables and more
- Rewards and incentives for completing important preventive services
- Enhanced dental coverage including an extra exam and mobile dental access
- Dental care aboard the UCare Mobile Dental Clinic when it's in your area
- Personal Care Assistance, Home Care Nursing Services and disability waiver benefits for those who qualify
- Dedicated providers in the UCare Connect network who understand and know how to treat your unique needs
- UCare 24/7 nurse line, so you know where to go when you’re not feeling well
UCare Connect Care Management
When you join UCare Connect, a team of health care professionals will be dedicated to helping you meet your health and wellness goals. You will be assigned a care navigator, who can help you:
- Identify or change your primary care clinic, or primary care provider
- Learn about preventive care, such as annual physical exams, vaccinations, and screenings
- Enroll in a disease management program if you have asthma, diabetes, or heart failure, and you meet the program criteria
- Get information regarding programs so you can start exercising, quit smoking, prepare for a baby, or take other steps to improve your health
Other care management team members, such as a case coordinator or complex care nurse, may also work with you as needed.
Is a primary care clinic, dentist, or case management facility accessible to people with disabilities?
Discover information about the access features of dental clinics in our network.
Dental Accessibility Survey Results (2018) (PDF)