UCare's Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO)
About UCare’s MSHO
MSHO combines the benefits and services of Medicare and Medicaid (Medical Assistance) with additional UCare benefits, including waiver services for those who qualify.
Enroll in MSHO if you:
- Are 65 years of age or older
- Receive Medicaid
- Have Medicare parts A and B
- Are a Minnesota resident who lives in the MSHO service area
Aitkin, Anoka, Becker, Benton, Blue Earth, Carlton, Carver, Cass, Chippewa, Chisago, Clay, Cook, Cottonwood, Crow Wing, Dakota, Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Hennepin, Houston, Isanti, Jackson, Kandiyohi, Kittson, Koochiching, Lac qui Parle, Lake, Lake of the Woods, Le Sueur, Lincoln, Lyon, Mahnomen, Marshall, Martin, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Norman, Olmsted, Otter Tail, Pennington, Pine, Polk, Ramsey, Red Lake, Redwood, Rice, Rock, Roseau, Saint Louis, Scott, Sherburne, Stearns, Swift, Todd, Wabasha, Wadena, Washington, Watonwan, Winona, Wright and Yellow Medicine.
You don’t have to figure out your health care benefits on your own. When you enroll in UCare’s MSHO, a care coordinator will help you understand your benefits and work with you to make a care plan. The care plan helps make sure you get the health care you need. Your care coordinator will schedule your appointments, talk to your doctors, order medical equipment, arrange for services to help you stay in your home, help you get different levels of care and more.
- Keep Your Coverage team of specialists that guide you through the Medicaid renewal process so you can avoid breaks in care and services
- No premiums*, deductibles or Medicaid cost-sharing
- One member ID card for Medicaid, Medicare and prescription drugs
- Part D prescription drug coverage
- Earn rewards for completing certain preventive screenings, tests or exams
- No-cost transportation to and from your covered medical, dental and pharmacy visits through Health Ride
- Access to UCare Dental Connection that will help you find and schedule appointments with dental clinics
- Additional dental coverage: two crowns per year, one crown repair per year, electric toothbrush every three years and two replacement heads each year
- Eyewear upgrades: non-glare coating, photochromatic tinting and progressive lenses
- Up to a $15 discount on most community education classes in MN (limits apply)
- Routine foot care, once monthly, no qualifying condition required
- Stress Reduction kit: one kit per year for members with anxiety or trouble managing stress
- Up to 7 round-trip rides per week to Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous
- UCare 24/7 nurse line, so you know where to go when you’re not feeling well
*You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium unless it is paid by the state.
- One Pass fitness program with gym membership, online classes and more
- Flexible Transportation: three rides per week to covered fitness clubs, health education classes or weight management workshops
- Nutritional food allowance of $60 per month for members with diabetes, CHF, hypertension or ischemic heart disease
- Personal independence smartwatch with activity and heart rate tracker, blood pressure monitor and emergency response support
- Free unlimited Juniper health education classes focused on: falls, chronic pain, arthritis, active living, diabetes and Tai Ji Quan
- Thirteen weeks of WW (formerly Weight Watchers) vouchers for local and online weight and wellness support
- Grandpad: An electronic tablet for members with depression to help stay connected and reduce the impacts of social isolation
- Caregiver training and support up to eight hours per month
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS) with training: Up to four hours per month for up to six months for qualified members enrolled in Elderly Waiver
- Memory support kit to help members living with memory loss
- Respite care: up to eight hours per month for members with dementia
- Post-discharge medication reconciliation with a pharmacist
- Post-discharge meals: two meals a day for up to four weeks
- Post-discharge community companion: four re-admission prevention sessions with a Community Health Worker
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) for members without Elderly Waiver
- Bath and home safety: up to $750 per year for safety equipment like grab bars, handheld showers, bath seats, raised toilet seats, reacher and long-handled shoehorn
- Falls prevention: Strong & Stable kit
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kit: Reusable mask, N95 mask, hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes (one kit per year)
Things to consider before you enroll
Are your drugs covered?
We cover a wide range of drugs from brand name to generic. See if your prescriptions are covered.
Did you review the plan?
Review these documents to make sure this is the right plan for you.
Opt-in to Receive Non-Plan Information (online form)
Complete this form to receive updates about state or federal legislation, grassroots advocacy, community activities and more.
Part D Coverage Determinations, Appeals, and Grievances
Find out how to make a complaint if you have concerns about your Part D coverage.
Part C Organizational Determinations, Appeal and Grievances
Questions and Answers about Health Care Directives (PDF)
Instructions for Appointing a Representative (PDF)
Statement of Representative (PDF)
Rights and Responsibilities Upon Disenrollment (PDF)